Karma Rural Women’s Development Organization (KRUWODO) is an indigenous development-oriented Community Based Organization with Registration number CR/223/03/8388. The organisation was founded in March 2006.
The Organization was initiated by a group of women in order to initiate ways to improve on their general social, economic and political standards of living.
Our Organisational Structure
To enable women take their place as equal partners in determining the values, Governance and direction of their community and country.
A society in which women live to their full potential, their dreams and aspirations fulfilled.
KRUWODO Core Values
Team work, Respect, Solidarity, Transparency, Persistence, Integrity, Courage, Commitment, Participation
- To increase women’s effective involvement in decision making through building the leadership capacity of potential leaders from grass-root communities.
- To promote economic empowerment of women in order to mitigate social, economic, political inequalities across gender in grass-root communities.
- To defend and protect women’s Rights through elimination of Gender Based Violence and any form of discrimination against women.
- To promote Environmental conservation through REDD+ (Reducing Emissions from degradation and forest deforestation plus in Climate change mitigation.
- To promote good governance, Democracy and accountability at the District, and local council levels through Democracy monitoring and civic Education.
- To promote formulation and implementation of gender responsive political, economic, social policies and programs.
- To build and strengthen the capacity of the Organization and likeminded civil society Organizations for effective implementation of programs intended to benefit the vulnerable women.
- To create awareness and sensitization, provide support services and prevention of HIV/ AIDS in the communities.
Area of Operation
- Mityana District, Uganda.
Local Networks include:
National Association of Women’s organizations in Uganda (NAWOU)
End Water Poverty Coalition
Uganda Women’s Network